We’re just one day away from ComFest, that hippie-tastic weekend in Goodale Park that we’ve all come to associate with summertime. I had intended to write an article about improvements made to the alcohol distribution at this year’s event, which one of the organizers had shared with me a few months ago over a pint at the bar, but apparently ComFest doesn’t respond to media queries in the month of June. Seriously, it’s on their website. And unfortunately, I no longer remember what the improvements were, as that one pint turned into several. I think it had something to do with Columbus Brewing Company beer, more beer stations, improved beer lines (yay better beer!) and uh… other stuff. Crap.
Well, anyway, here’s a friendly reminder that carry-in alcohol is illegal at ComFest. So buy your booze in a refillable mug like the rest of us. And in lieu of the article I had HOPED to write…
Top 5 Reasons We Love Comfest
1. The generally accepted open use of marijuana
2. The very accepted open exposure of breasts
3. Your boozing supports the community and doesn’t create unsustainable waste
4. Some of the neatest vendors you’ll see anywhere, with awesome handcrafted goods
5. Hella good music (for ComFest performance schedule, click here)
Top 5 Reasons We Hate Comfest
1. Smelly portapotties
2. Saggy boobs
3. The haunting smell of fried food, which may contain crack, because it is impossible to resist
4. The uncertainty of whether your 1 beer token will get you the “one token bonus” – a beer filled up more than halfway with only one token used – or whether you should give the volunteer 2 tokens and possibly end up wasting your money just so you know you won’t have to wait in the beer line again soon
5. The inability to use credit anywhere (and the lack of available ATM’s.) Maybe this one’s just me. Most festivals are like this. But hey, I don’t carry cash. So screw you, ComFest vendors. Just kidding, I love you. But really. Get the Square app for your damn phone and take credit.
What’s your favorite (or least favorite) part of ComFest?
(I originally published this on GreatestCityOfAll.com)