On the third Thursday of every month, COSI opens up after-hours for the 21+ crowd to have a chance of their own to rule the science center – with adult beverages, naturally. They call it COSI After Dark, and they’ve been doing it since January. This time, the cocktailin’ will take place in the Ocean exhibit.
Poseidon reigns over a mythical playground symbolizing the ancient stories of the sea. Explore the physical nature of water through laminar streams, eroding sand, and energetic waves… Based on real ocean exploration technology, enter a research habitat and use real technology such as submersibles, sonar, and remote operated vehicles to explore the wonders of the worlds under the sea. Tie the power and majesty of the oceans to the world around us.
April COSI After Dark Highlights:
- All COSI exhibits will be open except little kidspace, Adventure, and the Extreme Screen
- Listen to live Caribbean island music by JJ Jones on the steel drums
- Try the featured tropical drink “Poseidon Punch”
- Enjoy complimentary snacks
- Go on a “Search for the Shell” scavenger hunt and be entered to win a nights stay and dinner for two at the Concourse Hotel, a 4 pack pass to Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark, and tickets to the next COSI After Dark, Thursday, May 19 featuring Gadgets.
The event runs from 6-9pm and tickets costs $20 per person ($18 for COSI Members), which includes parking and a $4 food/drink voucher.
Win a pair of tickets from Drink Up Columbus!
Leave a comment and tell us which COSI exhibit is your favorite. Tweet a link to this post with the hashtag #COSIAfterDark for a bonus entry. Winner will be randomly selected and notified via email at 5pm on 4/20.
EDIT: Congrats to Michelle for picking up the passes!
Photos Courtesy COSI